Kidblog is a blogging site just like blogger. The layouts and functions are similar to blogger, which is beneficial for teacher use. The difference between Kidblog and blogger is the ease and security.
- · Teacher controls who has access to the site.
- · Only people invited by the teacher can post.
- · Teacher controls who can view post. They can have it set up so that only the teacher view, parents can view only their child’s post, and for everyone to view it.
- · Teacher can choose to approve all posts before they are submitted.
- · Teacher can choose to approve all comments before they are submitted.
- · Teacher controls who can comment on the post.
- · No ads
- · Teacher controls widgets available
- · Student chooses name from a drop down
- · Each student has their own blog that is connected with the teacher’s blog
Here is a video of how to set up a blog with Kidblog. http://kidblog.org/home/
Here are some examples of how to use it: http://sites.fcps.org/trt/kidblog
I have not used Kidblog or any blog in the classroom and will be exploring how blogs can be part of the classroom.
Here is my start up: http://kidblog.org/MrsVanderMolensClass/